Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Finding your muse

Some readers have been asking me how I come up with the anecdotes that are posted daily on the site. Quite simply, there isn’t a trick to it. And no, I do not get them off pre-generated content providers. If I had done so, you’ve have known either through attributions to its owners or simply through the style of writing.

I have a much easier way to churn these out everyday.

See, they’re all written based on personal experiences and funny thing is that I get most of my stuff from the people that piss me off on a daily basis. Yep! It’s very much a case of milking lemonade when you’re given lemons.

The ludicrously vast reservoir of stupidity of fellow peers and people in general drives me to write as a form of catharsis (or muse), whichever way you look at it.

So, to “get even”, I would often resort to spilling out frustrations and such onto blogs and before long, hey presto! I would have written out another piece for day. Honestly, I wouldn’t know what would happen if these same folks were to read about their exploits online. But then if I did, I could hardly care less since the truth remains the truth and no amount of snow-piling will change that fact.

Therefore, if you’re faced with lemons the next time around, find a way to turn something lousy into a fruitful endeavour. After all, why bother to benefit those dimwits when you have a chance to enrich yourself at their expense?

No comments: